Thursday, June 2, 2011

Credit card love

I'm not *usually* one to just rave about stuff, and link to it, and say "hey, help me out," but this is an offer I can't pass up.

I'm in love with one of my credit cards, and they're giving out bonus rewards money to folks who get other folks to apply, so... here ya go.

My Discover card is great. 1% cash back rewards all the time. 2% back during your birthday month (come on, everyone extends their birthday anyway!). 5% cash back in different categories every quarter (for example, July through September is 5% back on your first $300 for purchasing gas, hotel stays, and movie tickets). The rewards are great - you redeem $20 in rewards, and get $25 in partner gift cards like Old Navy (not all of them are that good, but that one's my favorite!). You can also redeem for Discover gift cards (which work just like cash), or statement credits.

You can also get extra cash back when you shop online through the site. You log in, like you were checking your bill balance, then click on a website - like Barnes and Noble, different flower websites, etc. - and once you buy stuff, get EXTRA cash back. Last time I bought through Barnes and Noble, it was 6% back, instead of the usual 1%

Anyway, here's the link to apply for the card:

http://t.co/36FK3Qx

You get $50 in rewards after your first purchase, and I get rewards, too. Simple as that. I pay all my bills on it and easily get over $100 in rewards - straight up cash to Old Navy! - each year (and I'm not even that big of a spender).

Edited to add - and who can't pass up the offers they're giving new cardholders? $0 annual fee (which is always the case), and 0% on both balance transfers and new purchases for 15 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment