Sunday, June 19, 2011

Apologies

I got an apology from my mother today for forgetting to mail me a card or call me or do anything civil for my graduation from college last May. (As in 2010, not this one that just ended).

I also got an offer of airfare for both Jeff AND me for my cousin's wedding in August.

I'm looking at the bright side - my mother knowing she made a mistake, and trips to the Smithsonian and the Maryland Zoo and to see my favorite aunt in Delaware and maybe some old friends.

Hm.

1 comment:

  1. My mom tried to convince me not to go to my graduation because of the weather. Its possible that your mom just didn't understand at the time, that not acknowledging your graduation was a major offense.

    I don't know the relationship you have with your mom, which is really the basis of my response here, but sometimes an apology is the best we can hope for, from any situation where we've felt wronged. The airfare is just a nice bonus. ;)

    ReplyDelete