Saturday, February 26, 2011

Friends and Farmville, of all things

So I play video games. Computer games, mostly. I play almost compulsively. I played World of Warcraft for years, until a month after the most recent expansion came out. I got bored, I guess; there was lots of turmoil in our guild, we transferred servers, got into a new group, but it didn't feel right.

I moved on, played Fallout 3 for a while, until my husband ruined it with mods that added way more types of weapons and ammunition than my brain was willing to learn.

So I went back to something I'd played, then sworn off: Farmville.

Turns out I have a friend from high school who plays about as obsessively as I do - we swap fancy trees, chicken eggs, etc., and have used it as a platform to bitch - me about coworkers, her about her shitty landlord and girls she likes.

I enjoy that. An organic friendship, one that's all mine. I've gotten so possessive over friends - "No, I can't be friends with her," I'll tell Jeff. "She's your friend." So much about marriage is sharing, it's nice to know there are things that are just mine. Even if it is just silly pretend farms. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment