Quilter in the Gap is hosting a "finish-a-long" all year in 2012. This is a great idea for me, since I've apparently turned into a chronic "project starter and abandoner" since I've started sewing.
That being said, here's my pre-first-quarter goal list!
1: T's ticker-tape quilt: This one was supposed to be finished for Christmas, but I got a bit burned out. I'm about 1/3 of the way through attaching the ticker tapes, so I'm pledging to finish those, square it, bind it, and wash it! Finished and gifted - read about it here!
2. K's hexagon quilt: One of the first quilts I started, but definitely not the first one I finished. Oops. Also something that was supposed to be done for Christmas. I'm also about 1/3 of the way finished quilting this one (stitch-in-the-ditch around the hexies), so I will finish quilting it, square it, bind it, and wash it!
3. This extra quilt top: This one was initially the other half of this quilt top. I made it from scraps rather than a proper jelly roll, so I had no idea how many strips to use. I ended up cutting the top in half, and have had this top sitting around since last July. I've got some cutesy pink flannel to pack it wish, so this quarter I'll baste it, quilt it, square it, bind it, and wash it.- FINISHED! Read about the finished project here.
4. Kindle Fire cover: My super duper amazing hubby gave me a Kindle Fire for Christmas (!!!!!), and I found a cute tutorial for making a cover for it. This quarter I'll make it, I promise! I've got this fabric for it - I've had it in the stash for a while (a remnant from Joann), and I think this will be a great project for it. The same coworker who received the other half of UFO 3 told me he wants to see it when I'm done - sounds like I might have a customer? ;) ((This one isn't started yet, so it technically isn't a UFO, but I plan to do it anyway!))
5. Drawstring bag for D: When I was at Joann on black Friday stocking up on flannel for this year, I found this weenie dog flannel with a bright green background. My boss LOVES these critters (she's got three!) so I bought half a yard and am planning to make a drawstring bag for her, since she refuses to carry a purse. Her birthday's in February, so it's a priority!(Another that isn't yet started, so it won't count, but it's still a to-do). (Yeah this ended horribly, and by that I mean in the trash. Bleck.)
6. Another jelly roll race style quilt, because they're quick and easy and I like them! The mother of T and K, who will be receiving UFO 1 and 2, deserves a quilt of her own. I've had these fabrics picked out and cut into strips for a while, so this quarter I'll sew 'em all together, finish the top, find something to back it, baste it, quilt it, square it, bind it, AND wash it!
Alrighty, there ya go! I've got a TON of other things in my head (and on my desk, and in my fabric closet, and on my fabric shelves...), but these are the ones I WILL finish by the end of March!