Saturday, September 10, 2011

Swap!

I volunteered at my local Humane Society for the first time this morning, and when I got home, my kitties were pretty jealous. Mostly it was hot today, though, so Wrench just chilled all day. :)

Anyway...I love getting mail - I belong to PaperBackSwap.com, so I get books pretty often. I do a bunch of shopping online, through Amazon or wherever else, so the mail's not the boring stack of bills my parents always receive.

This past week I decided to join up with the fall colors swap being hosted over at Bolo Heads. I drew tan as my color, so off to Joann I went today to acquire these:



I think I stretched the definition of tan a little bit - and the tan remnant I got actually has ducks all over it - I think I might fussy cut it so that the ducks are actually in the squares I send.

Of course, no trip is complete without a stop at the remnant rack - I love the aqua-and-pink and the Celtic-feeling pattern, too. And basic black-and-white check, which I think I might make into something for our kitchen, which has a black-and-white checkerboard floor. :)

Okay, really, I promise I won't go to Joann again for a while. (Yeah, right.)

3 comments:

  1. I went there today as well. But I only left with a package of buttons and a book on knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for volunteering! I want to do a regular, but unsure of where to volunteer. It's kind of like that other job I need to get ;) the human society might be a bad idea for me. All those animals in cages, needing good homes - it would pull on my heart strings. My cats are mucho jealous too... Took Smoochie to the vet today and Squishy is still is not over the fact that she was home alone. She's having a hissy fit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally addicted to the remnant rack!

    And thanks for volunteering... I love my two adopted dogs and greatly appreciate the work of a shelter!!!

    ReplyDelete