Tuesday, April 24, 2012

All sorts of happenings

I've been sewing, don't worry! As I mentioned a few posts ago, lately I've been in love with all kinds of squares, which I'd been turning into four patches. Well, the day before yesterday, when browsing through one of my books of blocks...I realised granny squares are made of blocks....!

I've been in love with the pattern since it first hit the blogosphere, so I figured it was time to dive in! I've got six done so far. Here are five of them. (Sorry for the Instagram-quality photos, I've been lazy on that front lately!)



 Along the way, I've of course gotten some more shopping done...because I need to expand my stash like I need a hole in the head! Anyway, the FQ bundles from Pink Castle Fabrics are addictive like crazy, because they're so awesome! My favorite two from this bundle - some Hello Pilgrim and my favorite of the Flea Market Fancy prints. How do they know!?!?!? Amazing.



 Anyway, there have been some other events. Unfortunately, I've got a bit of a problem:


I seem to have, at least possibly, chipped a teensy sliver off of my cuboid bone in my right foot. It hurts to walk, though the foot itself doesn't look bad. I'm stuck in this walking boot thing until at least Saturday, at which point I have to go back to the clinic to see what happens next. The physician's assistant said the radiologist will look at it and decide if it is an actual break or just a Little bit of extra bone that's always been there. We will see. All I know is that while it hurts like crazy, I'm perfectly capable of using my sewing machine pedal with my left foot, haha!

This didn't stop me from going to the Eve 6 concert in Sacramento on Sunday night, though, believe me! I saw them in '03 and was SUPER excited to see they were gonna be so close to us so close to my birthday. This is a photo the band took of the crowd at the end of the show - I'm the person behind and to the left of the girl in the black-and-white-striped shirt in the front row. That's right - second row, dead center, for the whole show!! Rock onnnnnn!!!! ;) 

4 comments:

  1. Although I have not a shred of sewing talent myself, several of my sisters and my mom sew, crochet and quilt. Sometimes they use those bundles, but most often they use cloth that tells a story in the quilt. Quilting is an awesome undertaking that supremely rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the granny squares are looking already! I wish I had the patience to quilt lol.

    I'm sorry to hear about your foot - but second row seats? SO awesome! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those granny squares, I have a load of squares leftover from crazy cutting.
    I love Pink Castle! Those two fabrics are gorgeous!
    Wow a hurt foot and you still went to a concert.
    New follower can't wait to see what else you get up to =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephmabry,

    I want to pass on the Liebster Blog Award to you. I feel you have a deserving blog that deserves recognition! It's an award for bloggers with less than 200 followers and is meant to create awareness and give recognition to new and deserving blogs. To see where you were featured check out my blog, swesnugglyquilts.blogspot.com. Congratulations! :)

    Dara
    sewsnugglyquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete