Monday, September 24, 2012

Serenade for Matilda

I recently finished up another commissioned project - for the same coworker that got the last one! She asked for something girly with butterflies for her granddaughter, Matilda. Kate Spain's Serenade line seemed to fit the bill quite well, so I paired it with one of the gray Konas and went to town! I had a good time with this one - small and quick but very satisfying!

Before I get to photos - Fresh Squeezed Fabrics is having a contest where, if you get enough people to repin your favorite fabric bundle on Pinterest, you can WIN the bundle! I aimed low and went with a $15 bundle of Bella, so I need 15 repins - help! :) Check out my pin here, and repin to help me win! Check out the details to win your own bundle here.

On to photos!











There's my attempts at artsy quilt photography. Except that last one, where my leg got in the way. Whoops.

The pattern for the quilt is from the Moda Bake Shop - very fun/easy way to use charm packs, particularly ones with prints that you'd really like to feature. I think I might use this for a couple more charm packs I have, especially those where I have some yardage from the line too (like Little Apples or Guising, where I got matching solids).

3 comments:

  1. right on, cute quilt! i'd love to help you out with winning that bundle, but i dont use pinterest! good luck, tho :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you blogging again! A stunning quilt! The colour scheme and pattern are gorgeous together =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and entering to win more of this beautiful fabric from Kate Spain's Serenade Collection. You have made a lovely quilt using Serenade fabrics!

    Best,
    Deborah of Speech Not Recognised

    ReplyDelete